Welcome to the Distributome Game!
Goal of the Distributome Game
The goal of the Distributome Game is to correctly identify the correspondences between the processes in the problem statements and probability distributions as models.
How to play?
- The game board is a Cartesian plane where Rows and Columns represent problems/processes and distribution models, respectively.
- As you move the mouse over the grid, the zoom-function automatically expands the Cartesian space around the mouse location. Matching Problem-Distribution pairs corresponding for the current location are highlighted.
- Try to find which distribution may represent the best model for the process described in the problem.
- Use one mouse click on a cell in the grid to select and highlight a matching problem-distribution pair. Correct or incorrect matches are indicated by green and red cell background coloring, respectively.
- Clicking again on a highlighted cell provides access to appropriate Distributome tools for the selected distribution and optional hints for solving the problem.
- Click Stop when you have solved all of the problems to get your score.
- Score = # of guesses + # of hints requested + # of minutes per problem (low scores are better).
Enjoy the Distributome Game!
Close this window to reset the game.
You are Correct!
Incorrect. Please try again!
Suitable Distributions Only
Hide Distribution Description