This is an update on the recent developments of the Probability Distributome project:
(1) We have V.3 of the Navigator available online
- This is a test-version will replace the official Navigator version as soon as we finish validating it.
- It uses the new Textbook-based Preference for the hierarchical organization of the levels of distributions.
- In V.3, all tools (sim, calc, exp) are linked with nodes on the graph.
- All references (BiBTeX format) are working for nodes (distributions) and edges (relations).
- We need community help to proofread the Distributome.xml DB and the BiBTeX sources.
- Note about adding additional BiBTex citations/references. Sometimes references come with Cp1252 encoding that needs to be converted to UTF-8 encoding for proper interpretation. This is achieved with this (UNIX) command (iconv -f cp1252 -t utf-8 Distributome.bib > Distributome_conv.bib).
- The Distributome database validator (for the new V.3) is also available online.
(2) All these changes are pushed to:
(3) Documentation is available online:
(4) Further ongoing Distributome Developments:
- The Distributome DB Editor is still being developed and will allow crowd-based contributions in editing, expanding, correcting and updating the Distributome Database.
- Other features, improvements and customizations are also ongoing.
- We are expanding the collection of tools (calc, sim, exp).
- We are drafting additional activities.